Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Archictectural Layout


This is a project from 1st semester where the students have to design a layout of their given choice from Ancient Mayan, Japan, China, Greek, and Egyptian. In the layout, we have to include a background, mid- ground, and foreground. Once we have completed the layout, we have to take it to the program Photoshop, to paint it for Digital class.

For my choice of design, I chose Ancient Japan because most of the people I came across wanted to do Ancient Greek or Mayan. I am familiar with some of the architecture in Greek and Mayan and so I wanted to try something different. I also want to learn more about their architecture since it is similar to China. It was quite hard to find things that belong to Japan so I decided to use the background and foreground objects to let the viewer know where the setting is.

I had the design in my head for while when I first received the assignment and I am quite pleased on how it turned out as a whole peace. I especially enjoyed incorporating textures into the design like the wood lamp, water , and the stony textures for the bridge. I also liked the roof of the building showing the depth of the painting. If there where more time, I would like to show more buildings in the background instead of the forest of bamboo trees.  What I might change in this is see what it would look like during the day time because originally , I had a moon behind the building and that would mean no lighting in the front of the building even though it is at night . I also would like to improve on the cherry blossom tree since I was not good at drawing details to trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment